This September marked Orlando’s 11th birthday and, as we celebrated with him, I reflected back on the festivities surrounding his first birthday. At the time, Orlando was obsessed with firetrucks and firemen. For his cake, we built a firetruck from sheet cake, covered in bright red fondant and decorated with windows, tires, and even a ladder on the back. The final touch was a photo of Orlando in the driver’s seat. Once complete, we walked the cake over to the park where we were having the party, stopping along the way to visit our neighborhood fire station. The on-duty crew thought it was great and gave us a tour of the station and the trucks. Orlando was fascinated and became even more obsessed with firetrucks and firemen.
This trip down memory lane was timely as I was reminded that Fire Prevention Week falls in October, not too long after Orlando’s birthday. Fire safety in your home is so important, but often overlooked. We all know we’re supposed to do things like change the batteries in the smoke detector and have a planned escape route, but I want to highlight and help with what may be a lesser known fire hazard in the house. We all understand the threat of a clogged artery or a clogged toilet, but we may be oblivious to the consequences of a clogged dryer vent. We know it’s hot in there – we’ve all been burned by a hot blue jeans button – and if the heated air can’t get through the vent pipe because it’s clogged with lint, you have a fire risk in the making. Lint in the dryer vent can be a cause of house fires, and letting it build up, year after year, can increase that risk. Additionally, it will cause the dryer to have to work harder and run longer, potentially shortening its life and raising your utility costs.
As the Godparent of your house, I am here to help you shine a light on this stealthy threat lurking in the walls of your home, and help you restore peace of mind. And who better to take care of a fire hazard in your home than an off-duty firefighter? This month’s Item of Value is an introduction to Fireman Dryerman, a local company run by real firefighters that will take the hassle out of cleaning the lint from your dryer vent and the back of the dryer. As an exclusive offer to Hindsite clients, they’re offering 10% off their services. You can visit www.HindsiteAustin.com or call the number on this Fire Safety Tips flyer to request an appointment. You’ll be lint-free in no time and know that you’ve removed a dangerous clog from your life.
It’s a good life!
P.S.Remember, I am never too busy to help your family, friends, or co-workers with their real estate needs. Just call, text or e-mail me their name and number and I will be happy to follow up with them.
Our favorite Austin-based vendor, Fireman Dryerman, is a great resource to keep your vent and dryer clean, and you and your home safe. Founded by a professional fireman, they understand firsthand the major factors that contribute to house fires; they are experts in cleaning clogged vents and are unique in that they also clean the inside of your dryer.
Click here to request your service appointment!
Since 2009, I have built a career as a top performing Realtor by cultivating authentic relationships working exclusively by referral to help people maximize their goals of buying, selling and investing in real estate.... read more